The Saraland Early Education Center is scheduled to open in January 2017.
· Classes will begin at the SEEC on January 4, 2017. Kindergarten and first grade classrooms will be moved over the Christmas holidays.
· The SEEC’s address is 4000 Lil’ Spartan Drive and is located on Celeste Road, 3.5 miles from I65’s exit 15. It is on the left hand side of the road immediately following the Elysian Fields neighborhood.
· Tuesday, January 3, 2017 will be Move-In Day at the SEEC. Students and their families may visit their classrooms, drop off their school supplies, tour the school, and complete an updated transportation form. Kindergarten families should attend between 8:00-11:00 am. First grade families should attend between 12:00-3:00 pm.
· All students will receive a FREE SEEC spirit shirt at Move-In Day. Please allow your student to wear the shirt to school on Wednesday, January 4 – the first day of school in the new building.
· In January, the SEEC will have five designated buses to transport kindergarten and first grade students. Transportation personnel will be on site to provide updated bus route information on Move-In Day.
· Carline Drop-Off : 7:40 Take-In Bell: 8:10 Tardy: 8:20 Dismissal: 3:20
· Saraland City Schools Carline Hangtags will be used at the SEEC. While the hangtag is not required for morning drop off, it will be required for afternoon pickup.
o Each family will have a unique carline number that will be used for afternoon dismissal.
· Students may be dropped off in carline from 7:40-8:15 each morning.
· Carline will begin at 7:40 and circle around the building. Cars will only unload in five designated zones. A staff member will assist the students from the driver’s side of the car. Students may only unload in one of the five designated zones.
· Students may be picked up from 3:20-3:40 each afternoon.
o Carline will open at 2:30 each afternoon and circle around the building.
o All cars must display a Saraland City Schools hangtag to pick up a child. Students will be loaded into cars using their carline dismissal numbers.
o During afternoon carline, numbers will be called and cars will be directed to one of five loading zones. Students will meet their cars at the named loading zone.
o A staff member will assist students into the driver side of the car.
o When five cars finish loading, the next five cars will pull into the loading zones.
We are excited about the move to the Early Education Center.
We appreciate your patience as we strive to make the transition smooth for all students.